Did you know that you can cut stickers with your Silhouette cutting machine? Some may think of this as a one and done tool, only able to cut paper, card stock, and other flat materials. But in reality, there are so many ways to use the Silhouette to cut stickers. In this blog post we’ll show you how to cut the printable date dot sticker freebie!
What You’ll Need
- Your Silhouette cutting machine (any model will work)
- Cutting mat (required to use the machine, but you can use any size)
- Sticker paper (you can use a variety of options)
- Silhouette Studio (the free version works, but we recommend designer edition)
- Cutting blade (comes with your cutting machine)
- One of our printable sticker sets
- Paper cutter (not required, but makes for handy sticker storage)
How to Print the Date Dots
Our products come with a silhouette studio file; open up this file to start. I have found that I don't need to change the settings on these files to cut on either A4 or Letter, but I will show you how to just in case. Open up the page set up button, here you can select paper and cutting mat sizes from this page. The cutting mat size is essential to check and ensure it's correct to the silhouette machine mat size.
How to cut your date dots
Once your date dots are printed and loaded into your machine, you want to head over to the send window in silhouette studio. Select the line option for cutting out stickers and select your settings. I like to name mine, so I know what to choose each time. You don't need to cut the grey line if you don't want to. This makes for easier storage, but you can also cut it out by hand. Once your settings are complete, you're ready to press send to your machine!